SMART BUSINESS: How is The Cloud going to change your business?
Despite being a relatively new concept, most modern business will use a type of Cloud computing to contribute to its daily operations. The simple, but essential acts of sending emails, accessing shared drives and data back-up, for example, will all have been generated thanks to some form of cloud infrastructure behind the scenes.
Written by: Matthew Parton
We all know it’s there but do we understand or appreciate the value it has for business? In fact, do we realise just how far the cloud can go to help our business goals?
Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and more—over the Internet (“the cloud”).
Here’s what Microsoft says about Cloud computing:
“Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and more—over the Internet (“the cloud”).”
So, to put it even simpler, the Cloud could be the virtual backbone to YOUR entire business. Why is this so important? Because that is the society we live in. We are more mobile, working more remotely, and as a result, more pressured to produce quickly and effectively for customers.
The Cloud provides faster and more accessible company networks – so you can be at the office, when you are not, and so too can your colleagues and customers. What’s more, using Cloud technologies can help your business grow and become more profitable.
Does it matter what business you’re in? No. Using a Cloud infrastructure has become an essential part of any smart business. It’s a synergy no business can afford to ignore. There is no use by date, no maintenance costs and no space constraints.
Could your business benefit from a faster, cheaper, more responsive, more productive and more reliable way of working? Probably. Shifting or upgrading your Cloud technology will give a business the ability to change when it needs to.
The cloud has become so much more than storage and security – it is now the foundation for smart business. And, with the IDC (International Data Corporation), predicting that “Greater Cloud Spending” will exceed $500B by 2020 (IDC, 2016), it’s time to take action and find out which Cloud solution is best for you.
5 reasons which make The Cloud the right option for your business
- With intelligenics, switching or upgrading your Cloud computing will be a smooth and simple transition with little or no downtime.
- The Cloud technology can be integrated with any existing datacentres or networks that may be in place and work with any of your current security.
- The Cloud can benefit any size business or individual project, with packages available from one user upwards.
- Cloud technology is a more cost effective way to run a business. Plus, using a complete public Cloud service (hosted solely by your Cloud provider) can eliminate any need to find space for network equipment and data centres. Great news for start-ups and small businesses.
- The Cloud will grow with your business, offering a lifetime solution. With new capabilities being added all the time, the sky’s the limit!